Kara Hill provides intensive workshops on the college recruiting process in volleyball clubs throughout the United States and Canada. Club volleyball is a huge investment, as is choosing a college program. Kara’s philosophy is to educate families on the process and protect their investment. She offers workshops on the following topics:
- Introduction to College Recruiting – in this introduction Kara covers where to begin, how to get started, and what you need to do to be successful. Learn how to build a prospective list of college programs, create an introductory email, build a database, create a highlight video, prepare for phone calls, establish academic, athletic and personal goals. Kara literally takes you screen shot by screen shot to teach families how they can get through this process on their own. This workshop is 1 1/2 hours in length. Families should bring paper, pen, and their laptop if they would like Kara to review their current strategy.
- How to Follow Up – this workshop helps student athletes formulate an outline for phone calls. Kara discusses the importance of being prepared. Participants are educated on the frequency in following up, learn how to answer challenging questions, and when to schedule unofficial visits. This workshop is an hour in length and guarantees your athletes will build their self-confidence. Families are encouraged to bring a pen, and paper.
- Choosing the Right Summer Camps – camps are extremely expensive, and families make inappropriate choices to send their athletes. Kara educates student athletes on how to choose the right summer camps. In other words, if your athlete isn’t being recruited by a top tier division 1 program, then you don’t belong attending the camp. Focus on camps that are an academic and athletic fit. If the athlete is not being recruited by any college programs, the athlete should invest in additional training at their club. This workshop can be combined with other topics the club directors would like Kara to discuss.
- Preparing for Unofficial & Official Visits – college coaches are always impressed by how prepared M.R.S. athletes are when they are visiting. Kara provides a list of questions student athletes should plan to ask the coaches, administrators and the players. During the workshop Kara will also cover how to dress, how to stand out from the competition, and how to make each visit a success. This topic can be combined with any other topics the club directors would like Kara to address.
- Making a Decision – this workshop is all about how to make the right decision when choosing a college. Ensuring the athletes are asking the right questions, and choosing a program for the “right” reasons. Kara discusses making a decision in all her workshops. This is the most exciting part of the recruiting process.
Don’t see a topic here that you want Kara to address? Kara can create a custom workshop for your families and discuss the topics you feel are most important for your players. These college recruiting workshops are FREE for club programs. All presentations are professionally presented with visual aids. Kara is truly passionate about helping student athletes find the “perfect” fit in a college program. To schedule a workshop for your club, please email Kara at [email protected], or call 888-354-0052: