Most admissions officers consider the college essays among the top 3 reasons to offer admissions to a student. Most students will have to write an average of 4 essays for 1 application. This workshop is designed to offer strategic planning to ensure your athlete prepares a winning set of essays under the guidance of Marla Kelley from The Write Pro. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to work with an expert and knock out the most critical part of your college application in 48 hours!
In the first session, college application essay specialist Marla Kelley will go over the following:
- Explore an overview of the types of applications, essays and prompts.
- Cover how to approach content for writing a “repertoire” of college essays.
- Differentiate between Personal Statement and supplemental essays.
- Focus on UC Personal Insight Questions (PIQ’s), there are four of them.
- Discuss management of essay content and adaptation of content to repurpose for a variety of supplements.
- Discuss how to keep content fresh and avoid being generic.
- Demonstrate how to break down and write the Personal Statement for the Common Application or Coalition.
- Read some sample essays covering different categories of prompts; I do not share those essays in writing but they are from past students of all academic levels and I read them during the workshop as ideal responses to certain types of questions.
- Students will be expected to outline their draft and write a draft 650 word essay or a draft supplemental 350 word essay following the first session to be reviewed the next day.
Students will read their personal statements, and Marla will offer feedback to improve the essays so they are ready to submit for college applications. At the end of the workshop, your student will have a completed essay for submission and be able to enjoy the rest of their summer!
Marla offers these two day workshops with a one day break in between to offer students enough time to brainstorm, write a draft, and meet with her individually (additional fees apply) to have an essay ready for day 2.
June 11th & 13th (10 am – 12 pm pst)
June 28 & 30th (10 am – 12 pm pst)
July 8 & 10 (5-7 pm pst)
July 22 & 24th (10 am – 12 pm pst)
My Recruiting Solutions:
27601 Forbes Rd. #35
Laguna Niguel, CA. 92677
Students who live outside of Southern California can join online via ZOOM. Marla will be in touch with directions once you register.
Early Bird – $325 before June 1st
$395 – after June 1st
Additional Tutoring $125 per hour
All payments are non-refundable. However a credit can be applied for a future session.